1. Review Role
Responsibilities, qualifications, term
2. Submit Nomination Forms
Write "I ______(your name)______ nominate ____(candidate)_______."
Submit form to selection facilitator.
3. Say "Why" Round
"I'd like to see ________________ in this role because I appreciate _____________."
4. Change Round
"I'd like to change my nomination to _________ because _________________."
5. Consent Round
- Election facilitator proposes the candidate with the strongest arguments.
- Ask for candidate's consent last.
- If paramount objections, go to options for addressing objections in "Consent to a Proposal" (below).
- Be sure to specify a term for the role
- Keep you options open by allowing everyone to be considered as long as possible.
- Follow the process precisely -- allow it to do its work to support you
- Remember it's more or less. No one will be perfect for a role -- and everyone can learn.